Sunday, October 16, 2011

Newsletter: Week of Oct. 17th

Hi, Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I was so happy to see so many of you show up to the Fall Luau this weekend. I know my kiddos had a blast. They were not too happy to leave. I think the inflatable slide really captured their hearts. :)

This week, we will start TEA time. This is going to be a Math focused TEA time. We will be switching classes for 30 minutes to focus on a particular objective. Every one of us is unique. Therefore, we will all be split into different classrooms.

Math

We also have a District-wide Math assessment on Friday. This is a test all fourth graders in Pflugerville will take. It will cover the past nine weeks. We will be reviewing the following concepts this week:
comparing and ordering numbers
written, standard, and expanded form of numbers
decimals
subtracting and adding decimals and whole numbers
increasing and decreasing temperatures
comparing temperatures
perimeter
area
measurement
arrays
multiplication
word problems

ELA
We will continue to compare and contrast characters and analyze characters.
We will continue editing and revisions to our sentences and writing. 
Our spelling pattern is /yoo/.
Daily five packets will come home on Mondays with graded assignments. Please keep an eye out! ;)

Science
The Water Cycle

Social Studies
Present Native American Projects
Introduction of European Settlers

I hope you have a fabulous week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews