I'm very excited about this school year. I've been attending trainings all week for Technology, our new Spelling adoption, and GT Writing. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to having the children work on the Promethean board and iPads! In this day and age, children are using SOME kind of handheld device. If it's not a cell phone or DSI, it's an iPod or Gameboy. I think Technology will really grasp their attention. Plus, we have the technology to take mini assessments in just minutes (pretest and post-test), which allows us to gather data on every child. Apple will have a new app in September which will allow children to download to their own ipods/nanos a program that acts like a remote to answer questions posted on the Promethean board. Every child can then have their own remote instead of sharing. I think this would be great for assessments.
This year, we are on a 9 week reporting period. Students will be receiving two progress reports each reporting period. I plan on having a lot of progress monitoring on my students. I already have my binder up and ready to go. Plus, we have a new program at school which allows us to use Scantrons and collect data on all of our math bundle assessments. These will be given every three weeks. I know it sounds like a lot of data, but data is important. It helps me know what your child needs and helps you understand where your child is at.Together, we will make a great team!
No comments:
Post a Comment